Pangeanic’s in-house translators use a variety of different CAT tools to translate, post-edit and review texts. After receiving training from our experienced in-house team, they learn how to use our in-house quality assurance software and specialised CAT tools in order to provide the best quality translations to clients.
The job duties of our in-house translators include:
· Translating a variety of documents including literary, legal, research, technical, scientific, educational, and commercial materials
· Researching industry-specific terminology
· Ensuring translated texts accurately convey the original meaning and tone/style
· Using online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
· Carrying out quality checks of translations using our in-house quality assurance software
· Proofreading texts to check that the grammar, punctuation, and style is correct and appropriate for the specific text type
Essential skills and experience required:
- MA in Translation Studies/Audiovisual Translation or similar
- Fluent in English and Arabic language skills. Other languages will be considered
- Residence in Valencia or willing to move to
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work independent while handling computer systems
- Strong work ethic, team player, dedicated to seeing challenging projects through to completion
- Experience with computer assisted translation tools (SDL Trados, memsource, MemoQ, etc.)
- QA experience (Xbench, QAdistiller, Verifica etc.) a plus
What we can offer to you:
- Job based in Valencia
- Contract and salary depending on experience
- Vacancy starting ASAP
- Full time, 40 h weekly
- Young and multicultural work environment
If you are interested please contact us at HHRR@pangeanic.net with the subject “Arabic Translator In-House” , don’t forget to attach your CV and either a copy of your academic certificates, reference letters, Proz recommendations, LinkdIn profiles.
Pangeanic is a fast paced, growing, innovative organisation, with offices in Spain, the UK, China
and Japan. We offer careers that suit a wide range of skill sets, educational backgrounds and
levels of experience, from translation services sales to translation technologies, translation and
quality control, machine translation and translation project management.
Pangeanic is part of EU research programs and has written academic articles on the application
of machine translation to our field. We are currently part of the EXPERT Marie Curie project on
machine translation hybrids. We develop applications that make the language industry an
exciting industry to work for by offering value-added services.
Due to our fast growth, Pangeanic aims to further develop or reliable services by attracting and
retaining quality staff who identifies with our values of customer satisfaction and service,
innovation, multiculturalism and respect.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and
Pangeanic aims to further develop by attracting and retaining quality staff who identify with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism and respect.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and traineeship opportunities.